Back to Top
Close Menu

Faculty of Social Sciences

Sagicor Cave Hill School of Business and Management

Student Advisory Corner

Academic Advising

  • What is the role of the Academic Advisor?
  • How do I contact my Academic Advisor?
  • When should I contact my Academic Advisor?
  • Can I change my Academic Advisor?


  • What are the types of undergraduate courses available at UWI?
  • How many courses can I register for?
  • What is meant by Advanced Standing and Course Exemption?
  • Foreign Language Policy- From Academic Year 2022-2023
  • Who needs to take Preliminary Mathematics and Preliminary English?
  • Which courses should I register for in any given semester?
  • Undergraduate Courses by Semester
  • What are Prerequisites?
  • What is an override and how do I apply for it?

Navigating eLearning

  • What is E-Learning?

Academic Integrity and Plagiarism

  • What is plagiarism?
  • What are the basic citation/referencing guidelines to prevent plagiarism?
  • What else can I do to avoid plagiarism?


  • I missed an exam. What should I do?
  • Where can I apply for a discussion or remark for a course?
  • Can I carry forward coursework marks for a failed/incomplete course?
  • How do I apply to do a course by ‘Exams only’?
  • When can I do an oral examination?

Academic Standing

  • What is academic standing?
  • When should I be concerned about my academic standing?
  • How do I apply for leave of absence?
  • What if I cannot continue with my studies?
  • There is a “warning” status on my on-line student record. What does this mean?

Having Challenges

Making Changes to Your Programme

  • How do I transfer to another Faculty?

Study Abroad and Student Exchange

  • Why Study Abroad and What do I need to apply?
  • How do I select my courses offered by the Exchange University?
  • I'm a graduate student, can I apply?

Sagicor Cave Hill School of Business and Management
Contact us