Students Enjoying Class
Choose a Graduate Programme at Cave Hill
Beautiful Environs
Review your Enrollment Options
Before applying you need to decide whether you will attend as a full-time student or a part-time student.  Most of the taught Masters programmes are delivered after 5 pm and the determination of full or part time is not tied to time of day but to course load. 

Normally students on Scholarship must be registered and attend as full-time students.  If you have a scholarship the letter issued will indicate whether this applies to you.

Full-Time Student
A student who is employed for twelve (12) hours per week or less can enroll as full time.

Part-time Student
A student employed for more than twelve (12) hours per week must register as part-time.

Research Students employed as Teaching or Research Assistants
Research Students who are employed as Teaching Assistants or Research Assistants in their area of research and working for up to twenty (20) hours per week can register as full-time students.

Specially Admitted Student
Persons who meet the postgraduate entry requirements who wish to pursue or develop a particular area of intellectual interest without committing to a full degree programme can apply as a Specially Admitted Student

A Specially Admitted Student can take a maximum of 12 credits per semester and a total of 24 credits under this enrollment option.  Specially Admitted students are expected to take the examinations in the courses into which they have been accepted.  Space for Specially Admitted Students is limited and is on a first-come first-served basis.

Application for Special Admission is done on forms available from the Document Library for Applicants.

Occasional Student
If you are eligible to matriculate at pogtgraduate level however you only wish to audit courses without being examined you should apply as an Occasional Student. Fees for Occasional students are calculated on a per-credit basis. according to the type of programme and the Faculty in which it falls.

Application for Admission as an Occasional Student is done on forms available from the Document Library for Applicants.

Exchange Student
Exchange students are permitted entry through arrangements with the Campus International Office.  Visit for full details.

Qualifying Student
After a review of your transcript, you may be offered a place as Qualifying Student and be required to take qualifying courses and write examinations in these before being admitted to the degree programme to which you have applied.

Your offer letter will clearly state all necessary information.

Graduate Studies and Research
Tel.: (246) 417-4000   Fax: (246) 421-2109   Email: