Back to Top
Close Menu

Faculty of Humanities and Education

Student Advisory Corner

Academic Guidance

  • Can I change my Academic Advisor?
  • What is an Academic Advisor?
  • When should I contact my Academic Advisor
  • Who is my Academic Advisor

Academic Status

  • How best do I track my progress?
  • How do I apply for leave of absence?
  • There is a “warning” status on my on-line student record. What does this mean?
  • What if I cannot continue with my studies?


  • Can I carry forward coursework marks for a failed/incomplete course?
  • How do I apply to do a course by ‘Exams only’?
  • I am ill and unable to attend class or write an exam. What should I do?
  • I missed an exam. What should I do?
  • Where can I apply for a review or a remark for a course that I have failed?

Making Changes to Your Programme

  • How do I transfer to another Faculty?
  • Can I do a major in another Faculty?
  • Can I add a Minor to my programme?
  • When do I declare my minor?
  • How do I transfer to another Faculty?


  • Can I get special permission to do extra courses?
  • Can I register for Co-Curricular Credits?
  • Do I need to do courses outside my Faculty?
  • Do I need to take a Foreign Language?
  • Do I register full-time or part-time?
  • How do I interpret the course code?
  • How do I register for my courses?
  • How is my Programme structured?
  • How many courses should I register for in each semester?
  • What do the (ELPT) Proficiency Test results mean?
  • What if I already have a Foreign Language?