Archives: Specialist Workshops
| Past Lectures
| Specialist Workshops
- One- day symposium on “Gender Issues and Caribbean Scholarship: Interdisciplinary Perspectives” Symposium presented the research of newer and experienced faculty as well as postgraduate students. There were five panels and fifteen papers presented. UWI, Cave Hill, January 11, 2008.
- Two-day Workshop on Rapporteuring and Report Writing Workshop developed technical skills in rapporteuring and report writing as well as underscored the relevance of rapporteuring in assisting organisations in meeting their objectives. Centre for Gender and Development Studies: Nita Barrow Unit, UWI Cave Hill, February 3 and 10, 2007.
- Half-day Workshop on "Building Gender Sensitization in the Creation of a National Gender Policy." Government of Grenada, St. Georges, Grenada, June 01, 2006.
- Half-day workshop on "Reversing the Tide of Violence Against Women." Organised and facilitated by CGDS, Head. Presentation included a 15-point program of action adopted by the Family Hope Network. Workshop delivered in collaboration with the Family Hope Network and the Unit of Human Rights and Gender, Office of the Chief Minister, in recognition of the International Day for the Elimination of Violence Against Women, the Valley, Anguilla, November 25th, 2005.
- One-day workshop on "Women, Men and Gender Issues in the Contemporary Caribbean.” March 9th, 2000. Paper written from this became the nucleus of the research project, Changing Gender Ideologies in the Caribbean, organized and coordinated by Regional Coordinating Unit, CGDS, Mona.
- One-day workshop, "Theoretical Perspectives: Interdisciplinary Approaches to Gender in the Caribbean.” June 3rd, 1999. Workshop brought together colleagues from the three campuses. The papers presented formed the basis for the chapters in the book UWI Press 2004, Eudine Barriteau, Ed. Confronting Power, Theorizing Gender: Interdisciplinary Perspectives in the Caribbean.
- Two-day workshop, "Interviewing Techniques for Conducting Social Science Field Research.” Workshop trained 20 persons to conduct interviews and learn basic techniques for administering survey instruments. Centre for Gender and Development Studies, University of the West Indies, Cave Hill, June 16th - 17th, 1998.
- One-day workshop, "Gender and Self Esteem: Making Choices - Learning Life Skills.” Participants were 105, fifth and sixth form students from twenty one secondary schools and colleges in Barbados. Centre for Gender and Development Studies, University of the West Indies, Cave Hill, December 6th, 1996.