Undergraduate Programmes: B.Sc. Accounting and Finance
The B.Sc. in Accounting and Finance equips students with the relevant theoretical and practical skills to act as Accountants and Finance specialists.
Why Study Accounting at the University of West Indies, Cave Hill Campus
The B.Sc. in Accounting and Finance qualifies graduates to be considered for exemptions from certain professional accountancy programmes (e.g. ACCA and CGA).
Our Accounting and Finance graduates are routinely employed by professional accounting firms.
Many of our graduates pursue careers in finance and banking.
Some of our graduates obtain senior management positions with public and private sectors organisations.
Please note that this programme structure acts as a guideline, refer to your Undergraduate Brochure for official programme information.
*The B.Sc. Accounting and Finance brochure can be printed from here
1. ACCT1002 - Introduction to Financial Accounting
2. ACCT1003 - Introduction to Management and Cost Accounting
3. ECON1001 - Introduction to Microeconomics
4. ECON1003 - Maths for Social Sciences I OR
ECON1004 - Maths for Social Sciences II
5. ECON1005 - Introductory Statistics
6. FINA1001 - Elements of Banking and Finance
7. FOUN1008 - Rhetoric II: Writing for Special Purposes OR
FOUN1001- English for Academic Purposes
8. FOUN1101 - Caribbean Civilisation OR
FOUN1210 - Science, Medicine and Technology
9. MGMT1000 - Introduction to Computers
10. MGMT1001 - Introduction to Management
LEVELS II & III
1. ACCT2014 - Financial Accounting I
2. ACCT2015 - Financial Accounting II
3. ACCT2017 - Management Accounting I
4. ACCT3040 - Accounting Theory
5. ACCT3041 - Advanced Financial Accounting
6. ACCT3043 - Auditing I
7. FINA2001 - Regulatory Environment of Banking and Finance
8. MGMT2005 - Microcomputer Applications for Business
9. MGMT2006 - Management Information Systems I
10. MGMT2008 - Organisational Behaviour
11. MGMT2012 - Quantitative Methods
12. MGMT2021 - Business Law I
13. MGMT2023 - Financial Management I
14. MGMT3031 - Business Strategy and Policy
15. MGMT3033 - Business, Government & Society
16. MGMT3048 - Financial Management II
17. MGMT3049 - Financial Institutions and Markets
18. MGMT3053 - International Financial Management
19. MGMT3076 - Managing Financial Institutions
20. MKTG2001 - Principles of Marketing