The Faculty of Humanities and Education
evolved out of the original Faculty of Arts established in 1950 and the Faculty of Arts and General Studies which was started in 1964 to co-ordinate the teaching of General Degree studies instituted in 1963. At the time of its establishment, the Faculty of Arts and General Studies was an inter-campus body with branches at all three campuses: Cave Hill in Barbados, Mona in Jamaica, and St Augustine in Trinidad and Tobago.
In 1996, the Faculty of Arts and General Studies was merged with the Faculty of Education. As a result of this restructuring, the new entity at Cave Hill was renamed the Faculty of Humanities (at St. Augustine it was renamed the Faculty of Humanities and Education, while at Mona, the Faculty of Arts and Education). The Faculty at Cave Hill continues to maintain close links with its counterparts on the other two campuses - Mona and St. Augustine. In 2002, the decision was taken to rename the Faculty to the Faculty of Humanities and Education.
Please see the Faculty Regulations concerning: