French Study and Work Abroad
Bon Voyage! When you study French at UWI Cave Hill, you can work in France, travel Europe, study in Martinique and lots more!
Whether it is in un département en France métropolitaine, un département en France outre-mer, or one of our partner universities worldwide, studying French at UWI Cave Hill makes you eligible for:
- a semester at Université des Antilles in Martinique as an exchange student
- a year at Université des Antilles in Martinique as an exchange student
- a year working (with option to travel Europe) in mainland France as an English Language Assistant
- a semester as an exchange student in a French department in a Canadian university
- a year as an exchange student in a French department in a Canadian university
- a semester or a year as an exchange student in a French department in other countries
Aren't you ready to pack?
For more information, contact the Department of Language, Linguistics and Literature at 417-4405.
Exchange Programme - Martinique
The UWI Cave Hill offers students of French the opportunity to spend a semester as an exchange student at the Schoelcher campus of the Université des Antilles located in the French overseas department of Martinique.
To be eligible, you should ideally
- have completed at least year one of the three-year BA in French.
With the assistance of the programme coordinator, courses to be undertaken in Martinique will be selected for transferable credits.
For more information, contact Mr. Terrence Inniss, Tel: 417-4017 or Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Work in France
Le programme d'assistanat
or Language Assistants Programme officially began in 2001 with the creation of the European Union (EU). Native speakers, aged 18-30, of the languages spoken in the EU are recruited worldwide.
As an English Language Assistant, you
- work at the primary level OR secondary level (in a collège or a lycée)
- provide native speaker instruction in English classes
- provide cultural awareness and development in English classes
Under the supervision of an English teacher, the Assistant provides interactive English Language lessons for students for 12 hours weekly
The contract is renewable for an additional year.
As an Assistant, you are eligible for:
- Social security benefits (CAF) to assist with accommodation
- Health service benefits
For more information, contact Dr. Isabelle Constant, Tel: 417-4410, Email: email@example.com