The Guild of Students is the Recognised Student Government on Campus. The Guild Council is the recognised means of communication between students as a body, and the authorities of the University, with Guild Council members serving on major Campus and University Bodies.
It is very important as students to have a voice on campus to represent your rights, interests and concerns throughout your university life. According to its Constitution the objectives of the Guild are:
All matriculated students pursuing a course of study at the University of the West Indies are full members of the Guild of Students, including graduate students even though they may have become members of the Guild of Graduates. Full Members of the Guild shall have the following privileges:
- For the furthering of educational and social purposes of the University of the West Indies.
- For the furthering of the common interest of members of the Guild of Students.
- The advancement and promotion of unity and fraternity among the members of the Guild.
- The right to frequent the Students’ Union and to enjoy all its facilities and amenities.
- The right to vote at all Guild Elections and to stand for election for any office in the Guild except when debarred by lack of any special qualification.
- The right to wear the official University colours.
- The right to frequent the games fields and enjoy all the facilities and amenities offered.
- The right to participate in all activities sponsored by the Guild, and
- Such other rights as may be conferred by this Constitution from time to time.
Tel: (246) 417-4534
Fax: (246) 417-4535