The Office of Research is a university-wide facility headed by the Pro Vice Chancellor, Research with a presence at the Cave Hill, St. Augustine and Mona Campuses.
The Mandate of the Office of Research is to facilitate the development of research capacity and output at UWI and transform the University into a more research-driven institution.
The UWI Office of Research actively promotes education and quality assurance to ensure that faculty and students who conduct research involving human participants follow international standards protecting the safety and dignity of persons. Please click here to visit our Research Ethics website for more information.
Research ensures that:
- The knowledge to drive economic growth and regional development is generated
- Critical thinkers and regional leaders are produced
- International recognition of UWI is enhanced
- Competitiveness in accessing international grants is increased
- The quality and relevance of UWI teaching programmes are improved
- Inter-Campus and International Collaboration
- Researcher Development and Recognition
- Research Funding
- Policies, Procedures and Quality Assurance
- Intellectual Property Protection
- Research Ethics
- Management of Research Centres and Institutes